Life & Work
Return to In-Church Worship Plan
In order to allow us to worship safely, please note the following changes have been implemented:
- Please immediately sanitize your hands upon entry at the Sanitization Station located immediately inside the doors of the Narthex
- Although we are not required to check vaccine passports, all eligible attendees MUST be fully vaccinated. If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of Covid-19, you should get tested and only attend church in person after receiving medical clearance. Anyone who tests positive within a week of attending a service in person should inform the Church office so we can inform everyone else who attended that week.
- Appropriate masks MUST be worn at all times in the church building.
- Physical distancing of 2 metres MUST be maintained between people who are not part of your regular contacts.
- Covid Screening Questionnaires – Please be sure to complete a questionnaire upon arrival and place your completed questionnaire in the “Completed Questionnaire In-Tray” located in the Narthex.
- Weekly Bulletin – After completing your Covid Screening Questionnaire, please pick up the weekly bulletin located on the same table as the Completed Questionnaire tray. We ask that you place the bulletin in the blue recycling bin, located in the Narthex, following the service.
- Lighting the Christ Candle – The Christ Candle will be lit by the Scripture Reader. The reader will sit in one of the front rows of the pews to eliminate passing by other people.
- Responsive Reading – The congregation will participate in responsive readings but will wear their masks while doing so.
- Passing the Peace – This will be done in a non-contact manner without leaving your pew.
- Hymns – Singing will not be allowed but hymn books will be kept in the pews so people can follow along. We will either listen to live music or play a pre-recorded version of the hymn.
- Offering – No offering will be collected during service. Offerings may continue to be submitted as they were before (PAR, e-Transfer, Drop-Off) OR if you attend in person you may place your offerings in the collection plate located at the back of the Sanctuary.
- Communion – When we celebrate Communion, members are to bring their own elements to use. Masks may be removed to consume the elements but then will be put back on.
- Ushers – At this time, there will be no ushers.
- Seating – available seats are determined in the attached seating plan (Appendix A). Please note the signage on each pew identifying blocked off areas. Only sit with those who are from your immediate family or from your contact “bubble”.
- Traffic – Given the limited space we have in our corridors and the location of our entrance and exit doors, we will not be able to separate directional traffic. Please keep moving and maintain appropriate spacing from others. Members are asked to proceed to their seat using the shortest route possible and maintain appropriate spacing. Ushers will not be present, but there will be someone available to answer questions and provide guidance. Once service is complete, please exit similar to exiting an airplane. The rearmost pews will leave first and then successively towards the front of the Sanctuary. Please exit as quickly as possible, stopping only to put on any coats or boots. Any social gathering should be done outside the building.
- Washrooms – All washrooms will be open but should only be occupied by one person at a time. Disinfecting wipes will be placed in each washroom. After you have washed your hands please wipe down any taps and handles touched as you exit the washroom. Outside of each washroom there is a garbage can and a hand sanitizer station.
- Refreshments – At this time, there will not be any refreshments / gathering in Balsdon Hall following the service